Monday, September 10, 2012

Requiem for Red Rose . . . . . . 1001:76

Woke up this morning and made tea with the cheap brand I have used for years. It's always been a good-enough tea for morning, although I have strayed into other, more exotic brands freely when not at home or when gifted.  Besides, my old tea company has nice little ceramic collectible figures inside the boxes, which I am hooked on.  And I used to live in Canada, and the tea is popular there.  The tea is also cheap and, I used to believe, tasty enough to greet the morning. 

Sadly, this morning's cup of tea just didn't do it for me.  And I know why.  I've been cheating.  In an inexplicable act of self-indulgence, I found and bought a large-sized box of Twinings English BreakfastTea a month or so ago.  It wasn't one of the smaller boxes with like 20 teabags.  Oh no, this was one of those serious boxes, like Lipton or Spartan comes out with, with 40 or more teabags.  (Spartan has a place in my heart because they do NOT use staples on their tea bags, and I can throw the whole thing, string/bag/used tea leaves in compost without worrying about staples invading the garden soil.)  Enough bag-time to get me hooked.  Its nice, and one bag brews really, really strong, the way I like it.   It's also pricier than the Other brand.   No brainer, though.  I want my tea, and I want it strong and tasty. (I admit that I am a lazy tea-drinker and only use recyclable and more easily adjusted tea-balls sometimes.  I feel guilty about that.)

So I'll give up my ceramic figurine collecting, drink fewer cups (good idea, anyway, before I become a Tea Granny), and upgrade the at-home tea.  Maybe not the at-work tea, . . .

It's true you can't go back. 

(Short post!  I did a short post!! I can do this!)

3 comments: